So -- we (and by we, I mean, I, as in David) have been urged (and by urged, I mean chastised) to write more text along with the photos on this blog. I will try to satisfy (and by satisfy, i mean... oh never mind).
Starting today, May 24, 2007 -- Charlotte is 8 months and 10 days old. Today she had her first illness -- very minor, a small chest cold to match her mom's. She threw up a little in the crib -- which we attribute either to not liking the new addition to her diet (apricots), or getting a bad egg. Maybe it's her way of saying -- "Apricots and eggs? You call that lunch?" Anyway, despite a wheezy chest and the one moment of sickness, she's pretty happy, normal and reactive. Making lots of sounds. Reaching out for stuff. We bought a little chandelier for her bedroom today -- not too girlie, but a little sparkly. The rest of the room is pretty cool -- green and yellow carpet, a Charlotte's Web book cover art poster on the wall, a little giraffe print Erin and I bought for her last summer in Florence before she was born. It's the only room in the whole house that we've really gotten done.
This weekend, we are having some people over for a barbecue, including two little girls, the children of friends, who are 6 and 18 months (and maybe another couple with three boys between the ages of 5 and 3). Trying to widen the social circle. Sunday Peter and Maria come to stay for the week while I go to Hawaii for a six-day writers' retreat. I hope to make an entry before then -- we'll see how this one plays.